Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Cold and Bitter
So this morning I'm sitting alone at my kitchen table after my roommates have left for work. I'm looking around, having my tea, and just thinking about how lucky I am to have found such a great apartment with such great roommates. Outside of this apartment and those two great roommates, I'm finding that I'm not feeling thankful, or even positivly about much of anything these days. Especially people. Due to recent events in my life, I am noticing myself becoming more and more reclusive and hateful/bitter towards everyone and everything. The people at my work are lovely (for the most part), but I'm finding myself getting easily annoyed by them and being short/rude towards them. They tease me about how they "aren't allowed" to be friends with me outside of work. That's because I refuse to hang out with any of them. I'm invited out constantly, and always turn them down. Not just work friends, everyone. If I'm not at work, I'm home. Or running errands (preferably by myself). I find myself looking at people on the street/subway/in coffee shops and thinking the most horribly rude things. I am bitter, and I don't like it. I guess the only positive thing I could say at the moment is, at least I've noticed there is a problem? I've been outgrowing certain friends lately, becoming annoyed with them easily, hurting their feelings. Its not my intention to hurt feelings, so I need to make a change. My goal for this week is to get out and interact more with people. I've become such a loner that I'm now almost completely socially awkward. There are a few key people that I feel I can be myself around, and sadly none of them live here. They're all in friggin America. Hopefully I get a grip on this bitterness before I turn into a completely hateful person. I need to not let the shitty things people have done/are doing/will do to me effect me to the point where it ruins my relationships with others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment