Thursday, May 22, 2008

Stupid Sidekick

Sooo because a bunch of people were asking me to write an update, I wrote out this whole long update and posted it from my sk, only to find that it didn't post! haha! Stupid sidekicks! I can't wait till I upgrade to a blackberry. Anyways, I guess most of you are wondering about my trip a couple weeks ago. It was amazing! My Aunt drove me down to Seattle to catch my flight at 6am. It was nice driving down in the middle of the night with her and having great conversation. I'm so busy, I don't get a chance to visit with my family much. I had a really long trip to get to Raleigh NC where I was meeting up with Ty's tour. It was a 2 hour drive to seattle, then I had to wait three hours till my flight, then I had an hour layover in Houston TX, then another 4 hour flight to NC. I was traveling from 11pm west coast time on April 27th to 5pm east coast time on the 28th! I met up with Pouyans girlfriend Taylor at the airport and we got cleaned up, since we were both looking like slobs from our flights. My friend Caitlyn picked us up at the airport and drove us to the venue. Seeing Tyson for the first time in two months was like no time had passed at all. I love that boy :) Anyways, the rest of tour was chill. The shows were good and we had a couple days off in Jacksonville FL and Savannah GA. I really loved Charleston SC. It was beautiful there. Ty and I spent a lot of time walking around the town, and the boys all played soccer and frisbee in the big park they had in the middle of downtown. Bamboozle was a trip haha! I woke up early and walked around the fair grounds to visit all my merchie friends that I haven't seen in forever! A lot of them didn't know I was going to be there, so I kind of blew their minds. Ty and I spent the day wandering around saying hello to people, and he had a bunch of interviews to do that day....one of them with COSMOGIRL MAGAZINE!!! HAHAH! I thought that was HILARIOUS! That night I was supposed to head into New York City to spent the night and visit with from friends the next day. I wasn't ready to leave Ty, so I went with him to Boston instead. I got up bright and early that day. Everyone else was still sleeping except Andre the tour manager and Pat the bus driver. It was a sunny day, so I walked in my jammies to find a store to get Ty cigarettes and a drink for when he woke up. We weren't really in Boston, we were in Cambridge just outside....and it is BEAUTIFUL. I love it there. Eventually everyone woke up and we planned for all the bands to walk to this little mexican place to get some burritos and coronas since it was Cinco de Mayo! After that, I spent the rest of the day just hanging out with Ty since I'd be leaving before the show that night to head back to NYC where I was catching my flight home. It was really hard to say goodbye. Any of you who are in love, or have been in love, know how hard it is to leave your significant other, not knowing when you'll see them again. Ty put me in a cab and I headed for the bus station. I slept most of the way to NYC thankfully. Things were slow at the airport, so I got through security pretty fast. I saw the sun rise in NYC as I borded my plane home. When I got home, I didn't have time to relax. I went right back to work the next day and have been working ever since. Yesterday, today and tomorrow are my days off. YAY! The other day I booked my flight to visit Ty at home in AZ for our anniversary at the ed of June. We're gonna go camping!! I can't freaking wait! We've been spending hours a day on the phone after I get home from work. Today I'm gonna go thrift shopping and maybe visit a friend or two. I don't really get out much since I spent all my time at work. Tomorrow my friend Rob is coming to town with his Skate 4 Cancer tour! I'm stoked to see him since I haven't seen him since I worked my last show for New Years Day in Toronto last winter. So that's all I really have to say for the time being. Most of this was probably rambling, but I hope it made some sort of sense.

No comments: