Saturday, January 12, 2008
New Year
So I figured with the new year I'd start a new blog. I'm starting this for me more than anything else cause for some reason, it helps to have a place to vent and write down my thoughts and feelings. It lets me collect my thoughts. If for some reason you find all this interesting to read, then that's great too. So far 2008 has been amazing! It started for me in Scottsdale Arizona with the best boyfriend I could ever ask for. He's by far the best thing about 2007, and has continued to be in 08. Since returning to montreal I've come across some problems with finding work and it's really stressing me out, but I'm trying to be more positive these days. In all honesty, I don't have a lot to complain about. I live in a beautiful city, in a great apartment, with amazing friends and good health. That's all I really need right? I've been shedding the need and want for extras these days. It's all about the basics. I've become a lot more laid back in recent months, so far this is a good change. I've also started reconnecting with a lot of people who I've snubbed over the last year. I admit I turned into a bit of a snob. I looked down on others for everyday mistakes and hear-say gossip. I should have known better, especially as someone who's done and been a part of both of those things herself. Some people actually did royally screw up, but this is the year of second chances. Everyone is getting a second chance with me, and I can only hope that I receive the same in return. No one is perfect. I feel like I'm seeing the world a lot more clearly. I have been breaking away from my habit over over-analyzing and obsessing on things I don't understand and learning to let go. I guess this is all a part of growing up. I've just turned 25. A quarter century! So far so good and I'm finally starting to feel like a grown up. I guess my main goal for 2008 is not to waste any time. No more waiting for things to come my way. No more missing out on time spent with friends cause I'm too lazy. I will cherish every moment with loved ones. I will seek out and grasp every opportunity. This will be a great year :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment